This site served us well for many years but all good things must come to an end. This site will remain up in order for existing members to login to edit the wiki or manage their old accounts.Visit the new site to learn about Ace Monster Toys or become member.
This is the legacy site for Ace Monster Toys!
Join us at Ace Monster Toys on Monday, August 22 at 7:00 PM for a free public class on 3d modelling using Google Sketchup.
Sketchup is a free (sort of) cross-platform 3d modelling program which is great for quickly turning your ideas into reality.
What will be covered:
- Installing and configuring Sketchup
- Use of each standard tool
- Creation and manipulation of various shapes and primitives
- Maintaining model integrity
- Exporting models for laser cutting / 3d printing
What may be covered depending on time/interest:
- Exporting scenes for 3rd party rendering
- Creating blueprints of your model
- Gears and Joints
What you should bring:
- A laptop with Sketchup so you can follow along
Cost: FREE! If you learn something you find useful donations to AMT are always accepted! If I make you stupider, you get nothing. Sorry.
How to RSVP: Our meetup page, so we know how many people to expect